Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines 2014 Cookies

It was a busy week here in our house.  B got stuck in DC, so I was flying solo with 4 kids while trying to get about 6 dozen cookies made for orders, teachers, etc.  Needless to say, I did NOT get a lot of sleep ;P  But I think the end result was pretty cute:

Inspiration from the lovely Sweet Sugar Belle:


Yes, I'm aware that  my frosting was too thick on these, but when it's late, you work with what you've got ;P











Inspiration from this rose bouquet I found online




And again, inspiration from Sweet Sugar Belle.  I *might* have a cookie crush on her ;P  Except, instead of frosting, I used actual chocolate melts for the chocolate dipped part.  I just couldn't stand the thought of biting into a cookie that looked dipped in chocolate but didn't TASTE like chocolate ;P  I also used this tip from LilaLoa on how to get the perfect deep shade of red.  It worked really well!




Box of chocolates cookies inspiration from Sugar Bliss Cookies:




And I can't find the original post, but this idea came from this pin.  If you know where the original is, please let me know so I can credit them.  Thanks!!  I personally like the first one best, but my kids told me they liked the second one better.  What do you think??







As you can see, I might have had a bit of fun experimenting with these :D  Hope y'all had an amazing Valentine's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...