Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap - Nutella Hot Cocoa Roll Out Recipe


Y'all this was SO fun!!!  If you are unaware of what the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap is, or if you want to get info so you can join in next year, head on over to their site.

Basically, you make 3 dozen cookies and mail them to three randomly generated people to surprise them :)  In return, you get 3 dozen of your own cookies.  It was like Christmas every single time I opened one of those packages :D

I got some lovely cookies from some lovely people.

Unfortunately, they all fell victim to my husband and children before I could take pictures O_o.  This is my first year to do this, so please show me some grace...

Anyhoo, here's what I sent out to my three lovely people - nutella hot cocoa roll outs.  And of course, they had to be decorated like little hot cocoa mugs, complete with fondant "marshmallows" :D



The recipe is a variation of the chocolate roll outs by LilaLoa

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter, softened
1/4 cup nutella
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup hot cocoa mix (about 4 packets)
3-4 cups flour (just add till it feels like the right consistency)

Bake at 375 for 3 1/2 minutes, then flip and cook for another 2 1/2-3 1/2 minutes.  Let cool on the pan for about 3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.

These are SO tasty, y'all!  Especially straight from the oven.  Don't believe me?  You'll just have to go make some yourselves, won't you? ;P

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...