Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Kid Friendly "Ants on a log" Dip



Short post today, but a yummy one!  My kids don't do too well with vegetable intake, especially if the vegetable is green.  But they LOVE dipping things, so here's an idea that they actually helped create.

I offered them celery today and asked them if they wanted "cheese" dip (I'll post the recipe for that later - they devour it!) or peanut butter...they opted for peanut butter.

Instead of taking the time to fill all the pieces of celery with peanut butter, I simply dropped a large spoonful of peanut butter in a ramekin and warmed it in the microwave until it was smooth and easy to stir, but not runny.  I gave them pieces of celery and some raisins if they wanted them.  When I looked back a few seconds later, they had dumped their raisins in the peanut butter and were fishing them out with the celery sticks.  Brilliant!!  So, if your kids love "Ants on a Log" but you don't want to take forever spreading peanut butter into celery sticks, do it this way!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...