Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lamp Revamp



So, we were desperately in need of some new table lamps for our living room - my kids had knocked one of them over with a shoe and completely destroyed the shade - and beyond that, I was just tired of the ones we had.  But lamps are EXPENSIVE!  I am a regular on those Facebook Buy-Sell-Trade pages.  If you've never heard of these, they are AMAZING!  Like Craigslist, but I feel like there's a greater level of accountability and less scamming because everyone's personal Facebook page is linked to it.  Anyhoo, I found 2 matching lamps with shades for $10.  Yes, you read that right - 2 for $10.  They had an awesome shape and the shades were great, but they were bright yellow brass.  Ugh.  


See?  Not pretty...at least not yet ;)


I took one of those sanding sponges and scuffed up the surface, then wiped it off with a damp paper towel and dried it off completely.  I taped off the bulb holder thingy at the top (yes, I'm being very technical in my description.)


Then I spray painted it with some oil rubbed bronze spray paint.  Ah, the magic of spray paint.  It's my favoritest thing ever :)


Ahhh, now that's more like it :D






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...