Saturday, May 10, 2014

Organizing and cleaning house - my LEAST favorite things to do...

You may or may not have noticed that I've taken a bit of a break from blogging.  The reason is that we are coming up on the first anniversary of living in our "new" house, and we still have so far to go.  I don't know why, but I really thought that, somehow, at this point we'd be done - or at least closer to it than we are now.  I mean, really - here's a brief synopsis of where we're at right now:

We still have not unpacked 3 (THREE!!) of our rooms, 4 if you count the Master bath.  We've got the Master suite, craft room, and study completely still full of boxes.  Part of me is tempted to just throw them out because, obvs, we don't need any of it ;P  We haven't missed any of it in a year, soooooo....yeah.

The dining room and study are still just bare cement floors.

The master room closet is bare cement floor, and the master bedroom needs new carpet.

I have not stained the cabinets in the playroom bathroom, but I took all the doors and drawers off, so that looks pretty ridiculous.

I made an attempt this week and unpacked 4 boxes in the craft room, but it still looks like a bomb went off in there.  Stresses me out to no end.

About half of our house has no baseboards, or there are unsealed baseboards still needing caulk.


Ultimately, I think what happened is I burned myself out.  I worked SO hard on so many projects, and then I just got to the point where I said "forget this."  Hubby's been traveling a ton, too, and between that and cookie/cupcake orders, I feel like I'm drowning most of the time.

To this effect, I decided to come up with a cleaning schedule and a chore chart for the kids.  The past month has been my attempt to implement these 2 things - which has led me to realize some flaws in them that need fixing.  Once I get it all fixed up, I'll try to post those so that y'all can use them if you want.  They're very thorough, and if I do 10% of what is listed, I'll feel pretty good about myself ;P  Anyhoo, until next time, folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...