Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Some Upcoming Projects

Good morning, y'all!

Sooooo, long time, no see.  I've been pretty slammed lately with cookie orders and prep work for - wait for it - our vow renewal ceremony :D

Here's some background for those of you who don't know me that well.  My hubby and I will have been married 10 years tomorrow evening.  It's been a LONG road getting to this point - one that actually involved consulting divorce lawyers at one point about 8 years ago.  Way back then when we decided to stick it out, I told myself that if/when we made it to 10 years, I was going to throw a big ole' bash and celebrate the heck out of it - complete with a recommitment of our vows.  Well, the big ole' bash was just not feasible at this point in our lives, so we're doing a small, intimate bash at our house instead.

This has added a level of stress that I didn't know was possible for a seemingly small get together.  I mean, y'all have seen our house.  That's what most of this blog has been dedicated to for the past year.  And it. STRESSES. ME. THE. JUNK. OUT that it's not done and I have to have people over for a nice event in a construction zone.  Seriously.  I hate it.  Like, HATE it.

But we take what we have and run with it, because ultimately, everyone coming into my house is a dear friend who loves us and just wants to celebrate our milestone with us.  So I need to calm the heck down and remember that ;)

Whew.  Okay, dirty laundry aired.  Most people only see the side of me where I smilingly tell them about all the wonderful things I made for this ceremony, and only my husband and children see my 3 days unwashed hair pulled up in frustration that I just. can't. get. this. stupid. seam. to LINE. UP.  Trust me, it's not pretty.  You don't want to experience this side of me ;P

All of that being said, I've been documenting the process of some of these projects.  The ones that failed got thrown out, and the ones that succeeded will come to you in the form of tutorials (Lord willing) over the course of the next couple months.  It seems that I have lots of desire to make and post things, but no actual time to do so.  Telling you about it now is my motivation to post said tutorials…so hold me accountable, y'all!

Okay, I think that's all for now.  Thank you so much to all of you who have walked with me through the insanity of planning this ceremony.  Your prayers of peace and support mean more than you know :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...