Sunday, November 23, 2014

10 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 6: The Body of Christ

Today, I'm very thankful for our church.  Our pastor has said so many times that it is not a building, but the body of Christ - His followers - that make up the Church.  This was put to the test this week.

Last week, the staff came in to prepare for Sunday services, and the roof was leaking pretty much everywhere.  The building owner was having roof work done, and the rain just would not stay out of the church.  Leaks on the stage.  Leaks in the lobby.  Leaks in the broadcast room.  Seriously.  EVERYWHERE.  About halfway through the service, the ceiling pretty much gave way in one section and poured water down on a few people.  Not.  Cool.

So, they cancelled service and sent everyone home for their own safety.

This week?  Building still wasn't ready for them.  But you know what?  They met anyway - in the ballroom of a hotel.  There was no childcare - it was a family service.  For those of you that know me, I've got four kiddos.  I'm ashamed to admit that I chickened out and didn't go, but watched the live broadcast online.  

But from what I watched, I won't be doing that again.  It was so cool to see how they all came together, regardless of the location, and worshiped the Lord.  It truly was the Church, no matter where they were.

For my brothers and sisters in Christ, I am infinitely grateful :D



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...