Tuesday, December 2, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1 - Nativity Advent Calendar



Sorry this is a day late - I finished it yesterday, but after dark and the pictures were not awesome (you'll see - some of them are in this post).  This is actually a pretty easy project, and can be put on any sort of background that you would like.  You could use a canvas, a large picture frame with foam board, etc.  I used a pallet looking board that I made for another project but hadn't actually gotten to ;P  Oh well, I'll just make another one later.

Supplies:
*Thick cardstock (I used HEAVY card stock so it'll last longer, but it's entirely up to you what you use.)
*Background material
*Hot glue gun and hot glue
*Scissors
*Printables (Originals can be found here, and the tweaked version that I made can be found here)
Printable 1
Printable 2
Printable 3
Printable 4
Printable 5
*Mini clothes pins.  (I found a huge bag of them in the scrapbook section of the craft store years ago and never used them.  Seriously, I'm such a hoarder...)

Print out your nativity pieces and cut them out with your scissors.

Lay them on your board and find the configuration that you like the best.  Clip mini clothespins to each picture and make sure that it all fits.



Once you have everything where you want it, keep the pictures in the clips for alignment and hot glue the back of the mini clothespins to the background.

Once you're all done, take the pictures off and store them in a baggie.  If you have room, you can add clothespins for the baggie as well.



That's it :)

You might notice in my pictures that the characters on the left side are backwards - yeah, I fixed that, so no worries ;)

Enjoy!  If you make one, I'd love to see what you come up with!  And don't forget to check out the designer of the nativity pieces and give her some love, too :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...