Saturday, December 6, 2014

25 Days of Christmas - Day 4: Mercury Glass Ornaments



If you came into my house, you would notice pretty quickly that I really like mercury glass.  I don't know what it is about it, but I just think it's gorgeous!  I also happened to get on a DIY mercury glass kick and have made several projects already with this technique.  (See here for the mercury Glass Nativity, here for the mercury glass mason jar Valentine's decor, and here for the tiered faux mercury glass decor stands.)

I gave a mini tutorial in the tiered decor stands post on how to do faux mercury glass, so I won't go into it again in this post.  Y'all might get bored of me if I say the same thing over and over too many times ;P

I found these cute little ornaments at Michaels - I'd honestly been searching for the retro shape since last year and I finally found them!  I *might* have done a little happy dance in the aisle ;P

Anyhoo, I took the little caps off the ornaments before spraying, and I made sure to wear gloves.  With this shape, the paint/vinegar mixture dripped a bit, so I just tapped on those drips lightly with a paper towel and that took care of it.

Once they were dry, I put the caps back on, tied little bows in ribbon and hot glued them to the caps.  I got those cute little curly hooks at Hobby Lobby last year on clearance - I love that there are no sharp spots for the kids to get hurt on :)

If you make some of these, I'd love to see what you come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...