Monday, December 15, 2014

25 Days of Christmas: Day 14 - Paper Ornaments



I recently got a new Silhouette Cameo cutting machine and was itching to try it out.  This was one of the first things that didn't get completely messed up, so I figured I'd go with it ;P  

For the ornament shape, I used one of PicMonkey's ornament shapes in the Santa Land theme.

Since the scrapbook paper I found at Hobby Lobby was pretty thin, I cut one out of it and one out of thick card stock and glued them together with a glue stick.  Once glued together, I punched a hole out of the top and hot glued a ribbon bow to the front.  Here's how I did the bow:

I make some loops, cross them, and tie it tight.  You'll have to finagle the bow a bit to get it to look nice.  Once it's done, snip the ends to the right length and hot glue to the front.






You can't tell, but for the final touch, I used some spray adhesive on the edges and sprinkled a little glitter on there.  I loves me some glitter ;P

Depending on the paper and ribbon you used, this could be a really fun project for the kiddos, too :D




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...