Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Days of Halloween 2012 - Day 10: Apple Pie Crisps


I know, I know - apple pie isn't very Halloween-ish, but it IS very representative of all things autumn to me.  I found this recipe on (shocker) Pinterest a while ago and I can't find it now for the life of me.  So if anyone knows where the original resides, please let me know and I'll post a link.
Update:  Here is the link to the original - at least I THINK it's the original...
3 Minute Apple Pie
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes ever, and it's SO yummy.  Just be sure to eat it fast, because all the yummy juices from the apples will make the graham crackers soggy if they sit too long.  I bet that won't be a problem for too many people ;P  Here's what you need:


Cinnamon graham crackers (the original called for regular grahams, but I just love the added cinnamon flavor).
One apple - I prefer Honeycrisp apples because they are just tart enough to balance out the sweet sugar, but not as tart as a Granny Smith.  I LOVE them :D
Cinnamon
Sugar
Spreadable cream cheese


Peel your apple and cut it into small pieces.  Put in a microwave safe bowl and sprinkle generously with sugar and cinnamon.  Microwave for 1 minute, then stir and sprinkle with some more sugar and stir again.  Microwave one more minute for a total of 2 minutes.


While you're microwaving your apples, snack on the apple peel (optional, but my favorite part of waiting ;P),


And spread some cream cheese on your graham cracker.


When the apples are done, stir them together a bit and spoon generously over your graham cracker.  



Now go eat!!!







***I fully recognize that any amount of intelligence or creativity I have is a gift from God.  What I have been freely given, I freely give.  But if you choose to use these tutorials to sell items from, I would ask that you consider joining the Let Justice Flow Initiative, where you commit to donating either 10% of the total purchase price of each item, or designate a specific item for sale where the entire purchase price is donated to an organization that helps fight injustices around the world.  There are specific groups listed to give you an idea on the LJF page.  And feel free to snag the LJF button and put it on your page or etsy site.  Thanks!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...