Tuesday, October 30, 2012

31 Days of Halloween 2012 - Day 30: Caramel Apple Popcorn Pops with free tag printable



I forgot today was the last day I'd see my middle daughter's teachers before Halloween.  So off to Kroger I went after I dropped her off and picked up the following, based on this AWESOME recipe.


Kraft caramels 
Orville Redenbacher Tender White popcorn


Apple Cinnamon Cheerios


And some dried apple rings or chips (optional - the original recipe calls for chocolate, I replaced it with dried apple pieces.  I made my own, but if you're in a hurry, you can buy them premade in the dried fruits section.)


I didn't get a lot of pictures because I was in a hurry, but basically here's all you do.

Pop your popcorn
Spread only the nicest pieces of popped popcorn onto a greased baking sheet
Sprinkle the cheerios liberally over that
Sprinkle your apple pieces liberally over that
Unwrap a whole bag of caramels and put in a handled, microwave safe bowl (I used my Pyrex measuring cup for this step)
Add 3 Tbs butter and 2 Tbs water to caramels and microwave from 2 min 30 sec to 3 minutes, stirring every minute until melted and delicious.
Drizzle liberally over the popcorn mix, stir with either a spoon or spatula, and let cool.
Fill bag like you would an icing bag, with top folded down to keep it clean.  Push a lollipop stick into center and ball up popcorn around it.  Squeeze out any air and use a twist tie to close.  
Trim off any long ends of the bags if necessary.
Add some tags.  (I found mine at Avery.com or if you want them already completed, go here.)
Place in the refrigerator until you need them so they form up a bit.

And you're all done :D



Pass those puppies out and enjoy all the compliments you get!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...