Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days of Halloween 2012 - Day 22: Halloween Food, Part One "Tricks"

Halloween is the time of year where people apparently like to gross other people out by making innocent food look like gross and nasty body parts or something similar to "trick" them.  Those who know me well know that I don't do "gross" food.  Gore just isn't my thing.  I'll give you some examples that show my lifelong aversion to anything icky.

In 1st grade, they took us to the Museum of Science, and there was a human body exhibit.  In said exhibit was a lifesize plastic model of the human body that showed all the blood vessels and veins, etc.  I started to hyperventilate and almost passed out.  Seriously.  They made me sit down and breathe into a paper bag while holding a doll.  Wow.

Let's skip to high school.  Freshman year health class to be exact.  The teacher was talking about tourniquets - TALKING - not showing pictures, just describing.  I got lightheaded, asked to go to the bathroom, and passed out before I ever made it out the door.  Fortunately, they were able to use me as an example of what to do if someone passes out.  Unfortunately, I became "that frosh" who passed out in health class.  Awesome.

College biology.  I dreaded it the entire time, but knew I had to take it.  Stupid requirements.  I was a HISTORY major for goodness' sake!  Bah!  Anyway, they had us studying the circulatory system and I had to go outside and put my head between my knees for about 15 minutes during the sheep heart lab so I wouldn't pass out.  Super-dee-duper great.

That brings us to the present.  I was never meant to be a medical professional - and I'm 100% okay with that.  Normally, I can avoid all things that make me even think about it - except at Halloween.  When. Everyone.Wants.To.Be.Gross.  So, in the spirit of being a good sport, I figured I'd do a post about food that looks like nasty, NASTY things.  Just don't expect me to ever read this post again ;P

Let's begin, shall we??  Man, people are so gross.  Okay, *gulp*, here we go...

Blech
REALLY?!?

And that's the extent of what I can handle - these were actually some of the more tame ones, too.  Barf.  I for one, don't like to be "tricked", so don't try it.  You might get an eyeful of spider jello if you do ;P








***I would like to point out that my daughter inherited my husband's non-squeamishness...literally about an hour after posting this, I picked her up at school and she had picked out a library book all by herself.  What was it about??  The circulatory system...***



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...