Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days of Halloween 2012 - Day 15: Halloween Wall Hanging


My inspiration for this project was this:


But I didn't want to buy anything, so I used what I had around the house.

Supplies:
Artist canvas panel
Halloween fabric
Halloween ribbon
hot glue and glue gun
foam bat (leftover from Day 5)
2 googly eyes
black and white construction paper
glue stick



I ironed the fabric and cut it around the panel, leaving a bit to glue back.


I glued opposite sides at a time to make sure that the tension on the front was right, and did the corners last.  For more in depth instructions on how to do the corners, check out this post.


I already had a bat cut out from foam (see above in supplies list), and just glued 2 googly eyes to it.



Next, I glued to pieces of ribbon to the back and tied them at the top to hang from the wall.




I freehand drew the frame shape, which you can get here, and cut it out of black and white cardstock, gluing them together.  


I then just glued them to the canvas and glued the bat on top.


All done!

***I fully recognize that any amount of intelligence or creativity I have is a gift from God.  What I have been freely given, I freely give.  But if you choose to use these tutorials to sell items from, I would ask that you consider joining the Let Justice Flow Initiative, where you commit to donating either 10% of the total purchase price of each item, or designate a specific item for sale where the entire purchase price is donated to an organization that helps fight injustices around the world.  There are specific groups listed to give you an idea on the LJF page.  And feel free to snag the LJF button and put it on your page or etsy site.  Thanks!!***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...