Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cinnamon Bun Baked Donuts



Every Saturday morning, my husband has created a tradition of making pancakes for the family.  He's been traveling a lot, and they recently changed his schedule so he's gone on weekends a couple times a month.  The task of making breakfast therefore has fallen to me.  I'm TERRIBLE at making pancakes, so I branch out and try different things.

I found this cinnamon roll donut recipe on Pinterest, but the actual recipe wouldn't show up on my phone.  So I went searching because, being the dummy that I am, I had already told the kids I would make them and they had their hearts set on it.  I didn't want to deal with the tears, and I didn't want to open up my computer.  I'm so lazy...

I adapted this recipe for the base, and this recipe for the cinnamon filling.

Here's the recipe I came up with.  I didn't do a glaze because my kids were starving and didn't want to wait for that, but I'm sure the glaze from any of the original recipes would be amazing!

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees

Donut dough:



2 cups flour
3/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup whole milk
2 eggs, beaten lightly
2 tablespoons melted butter
2 tsp vanilla extract

I dumped it all in a bowl and mixed it together.  I was in a major hurry ;)

Cinnamon filling:



4 TBS melted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 TBS cinnamon
1 TBS flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup crushed pecans

Mix it all together so it forms a sort of paste.

Now, fold your cinnamon filling into the dough, so it looks kind of marbled.



Grease your donut pan, and spoon dough into the wells.  Bake at 400 degrees for 7 1/2 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing.  If you want glaze, make that and drizzle on top, then enjoy!!




2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...