Thursday, October 1, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 1: Meet Mildred

WOW!  I can't believe how fast this year has gone!  I last wrote on here in July?!  How did THAT happen!

Okay, enough of that.  Onto the good stuff.  If you've been hanging around here for our annual countdown to Halloween the past couple of years, then you have met Malcolm.  He's our Halloween mummy and he really likes mustaches ;P

Anyhoo, most of the year, he lives in our attic.  He actually likes it, especially during the Texas summer.  He says it reminds him of home.  Pointy roof, crazy hot.  Just perfect for him.  But sometimes, he gets lonely.  There are no other characters up there, just some decorations and boxes.  I can imagine that would get boring.

So one night, while I was working in my craft room, I heard a tiny rap at the attic access door.  I turned the key and opened the door to find Malcolm sitting there all dejected.




When I asked him what was wrong, he replied:









(translation: I need a girlfriend, BAD.)

I told him I'd see what I could do, and after some serious googling (most mummies like to stay on the down low), I found Mummy Mingle.

Yes.  Mummy Mingle.  An online dating site for the Egyptian undead.

I got him hooked up with a profile, and then let him browse around to see if any honeys caught his eye.

And then he saw her.




Mildred.  She had him at "mustaches".

He immediately hit the "Contact" button:



She responded and they met for their first date today.  What kind of mummy momma would I be if I didn't take a picture to commemorate this special occasion?!



Aren't they just ADORBS?!  I hope they're enjoying their cupsa joe :)  Stay tuned!  

(P.S. - Yes, I know I get a little carried away.  I have a very overly active imagination - and my kids love it ;P)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...