Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 21: Mad Scientist Costume Ideas

Well, for the first time in a LONG time, my husband agreed to dress up with me this year :)  I can't even tell you how happy that makes me...ridiculous, I know.

My first thought was that he would be Frankenstein and I would be the bride of Frankenstein.

He said that's "Too overdone"

So I suggested that I be the mad scientist who created the monster, and he loved that idea :D

Now to find some costume ideas for a female mad scientist.  Here are the things that I found:

Via Lunabella Makeup and Hair

Yes, I know this is skeleton makeup.  But the wild hair, old fashioned clothes, and gaunt makeup inspired me to do something similar - without the teeth.

Via Kelleeart at Deviant Art

I LOVE the hair and goggles on this one!  I can't open Deviant Art with my computer protection software (no clue why), but here's a link to the pin and that should take you to her art :D

Via SparkleyJem on Etsy
This would be SUPER cute in white, with sleeves.

Via Desira Pesta
Loving the straightjacket vibe.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/188166090658800344/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/188166090658800344/

A female Dr. Horrible costume??  BRILLIANT!!  Probably the most influential inspiration for my costume.  I've got one piece of the costume so far - welding goggles from Home Depot for $8!  The dark lenses are removable, so I'll probably do that.


Pattern is drafted and cut out for the jacket.  Here's hoping it works!!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...