Monday, October 19, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 18: Frankenstein and Dracula Nail Decals with Free Template!!


 I'm not the best at doing my nails.  On Day 11, I posted a roundup of a whole bunch of cute Halloween nail ideas.  I decided that I'd give it a go with my handy dandy Silhouette machine.  They didn't turn out too badly!







Important information:

1.) This won't work without a silhouette machine - I'm sorry, I don't know how to do any other file formats.

2.) To apply, use clear transfer tape - this is huge.  It makes it SO much easier to line things up!

3.) I applied the hair first at the tip of the nail, and then the face.  For the fangs, I applied them one at a time.  It was just easier that way for me.

4.) You HAVE to use permanent vinyl - I used Oracal 651 in black and white.  I've tried with the 631, and it just doesn't work.  With the 651, I changed a diaper, washed, and dried my hands before taking the dracula picture, and not even the little fangs fell off.  This stuff is awesome!

5.) If you want them to last longer, you should probably do a clear coat over these.  My daughter got a hold of mine and did something funky to it, so I don't have any right now.

6.) Make sure that your nail polish is completely dry before applying your vinyl.  I thought mine was, but it wasn't with Dracula, and the nail polish got smudged.

7.) With the bigger stitches, you can just apply them like stickers - no need for transfer tape :D

8.) Measure your nails and resize as necessary.

Click here for the file

I think that's everything.  Have fun!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...