Thursday, October 15, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 13: Monster Bushes


I love me some Dollar Tree.  Sure, some of their stuff is just trash and you might as well not throw your money away on it, but some of it is pretty decent.  Their dishes are pretty good, for instance.  Well, I love browsing around there just to see what I can find, and the other day, I stumbled across these:


Yes, friends.  Pairs of giant angry and goofy googly eyes for $1/each.  And they glow in the dark.  I could not pass this up.  And I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  You see, for years, I've wanted to do this to our trees, but have never been able to find inflatable balls big enough for it to work.  

Now, these are too small for our trees, but the bushes lining our walkway?  That's a different story ;)
First things first, you've got to finagle them so they'll stay in the bushes and not blow away.  Enter floral wire:



I curved one end up, like so:


Then, using packing tape, I taped them to the back of the googly eyes.


Last step, I positioned them where I wanted them in the bushes, and then wrapped the wire around the branches so they were secure. 

Grrr...rargh...argh...

For a little backstory on our house, this year, we're doing a Mad Scientist theme.  Later, I'll show you our window silhouettes, but we've got a mad scientist (duh), Frankenstein dancing, some lab equipment, and a Danger sign.  In the front yard, we've got some of our scientists preliminary experiments (Bush monsters, etc.)  I know, I'm a weirdo.

If you can't find these at your local Dollar Store (I only found it at one specific location, and couldn't find them online), then you can pay a little more and get these or these.

Not gonna lie.  This makes me smile every time I see it ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...