Saturday, October 31, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 29: Monster Warts Candy Buttons


I know.  I'm totally lame.  I managed to pretty much never do these posts on time this year.  Grrr....

Anyway, I have a cookie business and I usually have a royal icing left over after orders.  Something that I like to do with it is also coincidentally something that my kids love, too.

I first saw this idea over at Sweet Sugarbelle (I love her!!).

Basically, you just pipe dots of royal icing onto parchment paper.  You can either leave it on the parchment paper so it resembles candy buttons, or once they're dry you can pop them off and put them in a bowl.

For Halloween, I had a bunch of grey, black, white, and lime green.  I also had a bunch of fun little nonpareils sprinkles, so I dashed some of those on there.  My first thought was, "Man, those look like some sort of gnarly monster wart."  And hence you have the name of this post.  I got an abysmal amount of photos (one, folks.  One.)  But if you want to know how to make them with a more in depth tutorial, head on over to The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle.

Thanks for stopping by!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...