Thursday, October 29, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 25: Frankie Shoes


My sister gave me some hand-me-down black flats and they were just a little too big to wear all the time.  I decided that I really wanted to make something for Halloween.  My first attempt just didn't leave me feeling all that impressed...


So, I went to Hobby Lobby and bought some outdoor craft paint, and painted the toe of the shoes and fun apple green.  I taped off the edge and the soles of the shoes, but it still managed to leak a little.  Oh well.





 I did about 4 coats of paint.  Once it was all dry, I cut out my design for Frankie from black Oracal 651 (Permanent vinyl) and attached it with clear transfer tape so I could see better where it was being placed.

The instructions for both the paint and the vinyl say to let it cure for about 72 hours before wearing them, so keep that in mind if you choose to do this project.

You can purchase the cut file for Frankie's faces through my etsy store.  If you don't see it there, let me know and we can get it in.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...