Sunday, October 4, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 3: Halloween Decorative Plates



Already I'm behind...story of my life ;P  Anyway, while putzing around Pinterest one night, I found these free SVG files from The Lady Wolf.  I thought they were absolutely precious!  I've wanted to do decorative plates for my mantel for the past few years, but this is the first year that I've had a Silhouette to allow me to do it.  (Can you tell I'm obsessed with my Cameo??)

I got these plates at our local Goodwill for...wait for it...$0.29.  I always go and check around for white plates for what will one day be a gorgeous plate wall display in my dining room ;P

I cut the silhouettes out of removable vinyl, so I can change out designs with the seasons if I want to. But you could use permanent vinyl if you know you'll never want to take it off.

When I put the design on the plate, I ended up with some bubbles.  Using this trick from Silhouette School, I just slightly popped them with a thin pin and smoothed them out.  Worked like a charm!

I displayed them on some cheap plate holders from an estate sale and Hobby Lobby, and the look is complete :D

What do you have on your mantel for this Halloween?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...