Thursday, October 15, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 15: Mad Scientist Window Silhouettes Part 1

Well, I was going to do all the window silhouettes as one post until literally this very second, when I realized I didn't get any good pictures of the ones upstairs.  Boo...Oh well.  It's okay.  We'll survive this setback ;P

I decided our house needed something else to convey that we are indeed the home of a Mad Scientist, so I went to Pinterest looking for ideas.  I found this image from bdevries at deviant art, but due to my computer protection software, couldn't open the original site.  Here's the link to the pin, so maybe you can go check out his awesome stuff for me ;)  For the dancing Frankie, I couldn't find the original maker of the image.  If you know who made it, please let me know and I'll link to it.

I made the lab table, disco ball, and music notes from a combination of the fonts Science Icons, Music and Party, and some silhouette art from All-Silhouettes.com.

For the larger pieces (Frankie and the Mad Scientist), I uploaded the images to blockposters.com and blew them up to the size I wanted.  I printed out and tiled the picture, then cut it out.  Once I had the template, I traced it onto a large piece of black poster board from the dollar store, and cut that out.  For the places where it was too big for the poster board, I just pieced it together.



Once the main pieces were cut out, I taped them onto the window.


Poor Frankie - his foot just wouldn't fit, so we had to cut it off :(


For the lab equipment, disco ball, and music notes, there was NO WAY I was cutting those out by hand, so I put them into my silhouette software and let it do the heavy work.  Took me a while to get all the pieces separated and put together on the window, but I think the time spent was worth it :D



Can't see the scientist too well at night, which is unfortunate.  We'll see what we can do about that :)


Frankie, on the other hand, loves to show off ;P


For Part 2, go here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...