Wednesday, October 14, 2015

31 Days of Halloween 2015 - Day 12: Mad Scientist Decor Ideas

My kiddos informed me this year that they were NOT babies and did not want baby decorations for Halloween.  They wanted spooky.

Well, I know my kids.  They might THINK they want spooky, but they can't handle real spooky things.  And frankly, I don't want them all in my bed for the next 2 months ;P

We decided a good compromise would be to do a mad scientist theme (since their daddy is a scientist).  That way, we can do spiderwebs, spooky lights, and machinery.  I've had to do a lot of research on Pinterest, because this is new for me.  Here are some fun things I've found - maybe y'all can give me some input on which ones I should try my hand at :D


I know these are supposed to be little crystal balls, but they kind of made me think of specimen displays.
Via Flamingo Toes

Gotta have some anatomy graphics - vintage ones, in particular.  I really, REALLY don't want to do anything too gory.  Maybe put a silly twist on it.  We'll see.

Via the Graphics Fairy

Some mood lighting for ambience, perhaps?

Via Halloween Forum
Via Flickr
Um, Frankenstein bulbs??  That's too cool NOT to make!

Via Instructables

These gauges are pretty cool!

Via Pinterest
Fun equipment seems pretty important.

From Propnomicon
Via Halloween Forum
Via Instructables

And this is a pretty cool website with lots of scientific equipment at low prices.  Hmmm, looks like I have some shopping to do ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...